- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by gripping the brake side of the rope with your hand.
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2’s design allows for excellent descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. Combined with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and very light at 170 g
- Built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Weight: 170 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA